The University of Michigan published a study listing the top ten ways to waste fuel whilst driving.
- Aggressive driving - up to 25% drop in fuel efficiency
- Driving at high speeds - 6% drop
- Choosing the wrong route (road type, grade, & congestion) - 6% drop
- Out of tune engine - 4% drop
- Poor tyres - 4% drop
- Using air conditioner - 4% drop
- Excessive idling - 2% drop
- Extra weight - 1.5% drop
- Wrong engine oil - 1.5%
- Under-inflated tyres - 1.5% drop
Save 10% On Your Fuel Costs
Selling your car - the cheaper option?
With fuel prices so high it might be worth selling your car and buying one with better fuel economy. Some models are now reaching 60+MPG and if you clock up the miles then real weekly savings can be made straight away.