In our dog survey, 77% of car owners with dogs said their choice of car was dependent on the best fit for their dog.
Given that dog ownership is on the rise, how welcome do car dealers make dog owners?
10 Ways to Spot a Dog Loving Car Dealer
- 'Dogs Welcome' sign in sight
- Water for dogs provided
- Dogs feature in dealer's adverts
- Salesmen smile when they see the dog
- Salesmen offer to let your dog sit in the car
- Salesmen asks and uses the dog's name
- Dog snacks are offered
- Staff stroke and pet your dog
- Staff do not show displeasure with your dog
- If there is a doggie accident, wipes and mops are provided
Are dealers taking the lead?
The fact is over 20% of car owners will have dogs. Today's car market can be rough and dealers should take the lead and lay out the welcome mat for the family dog.
Dealers may not hate dogs but most don't see how important they are. Nowadays dealers cater for kids and treat both sexes equally but, to them, your dog is a nobody whilst, to you, he or she is part of the family.
If you know a car dealer or car salesman - let him know
If you know a dealer or a car salesman - send him a link to this article. Our job, as dog owning car lovers, is to spread the word.
Choose the right car, right now
Over 120,000 people have reviewed their cars with us. Before you consider buying your next car, look what other people say - you'd be surprised how many talk about their dogs - click here